Stop by IAS during operating hours for creative exploration, expression, and making!
- Open Itsy: A drop-in version of our popular Itsy program. Available on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Open Studio: Drop-in to experiment with and explore a variety of art making techniques and materials. Available at select times during regular operating hours.
- Creation Stations: Try your hand at different art techniques and media with these specially curated activities. Available during regular operating hours.
IAS classes are offered as 6 week sessions multiple times throughout the year. Pre-registration is required. Registration information available on our calendar and on our Classes page. For more information contact email@example.com or call 309.386.1019.
- Itsy: An early childhood visual arts program for children ages 1 to 5. Itsy artists will explore various types of art making and creation while they gain valuable visual literacy and social-emotional skills.
- AA3 (Art After 3 p.m.): An after school art program for kids in grades K-5th with an IAS twist. AA3 artists will learn various art making techniques while they explore different themes and personal creative expression.
Why visual arts programs for kids?
When children participate in visual arts programs they gain confidence, fine motor coordination, critical thinking and problem solving skills. They begin to make connections between themselves and the world around them. As they build art making skills they learn how to use creation to express their viewpoints, share their stories, and positively impact the world around.